Our induction session allows us to make sure you’re comfortable with using the Wattbike or Concept2 rower and know how to utilise it to optimal potential.
If you are new to using the Wattbike, having an assessment induction session will ensure you get the most benefit when using them. These sessions can last up to 60 minutes and will include:
- Showing you how to set up a Wattbike
- How to connect the Wattbike app
- Up to 2 assessments that will establish your power and heart rate zones
- A workout session in the remaining available time that will see you use your newly established zones, an explanation of pedalling techniques and how to effectively use the polar view for analysis.
We can use the data from this session to provide a written report on pedalling technique. This is optional and charged for as an extra.
If you are new to indoor rowing, we recommend an assessment induction lasting up to 60 minutes on the rowers. The induction sessions include:
- How to set up the rower and set the drag factor
- How to connect a heart rate monitor and the rowing app
- Guiding you through the rowing technique and explaining the effort and recovery phases, stroke rate and pace.
- A suitable assessment to provide a baseline to monitor your progress.